A day in the life of a Property Manager can be anything. One of the many skills a Property Manager needs to have is being able to respond quickly and appropriately to situations that arise without prior notice.
Our aim is to be Proactive instead of Reactive as much as possible, and this is what our systems are designed to do, however due to the nature of our work handling some issues on a daily has to be in a reactive environment.
Our day to day tasks are many and to help give you an understanding of our value in the process of managing a property this list of the things we do may help.
- Rental appraisal of property for Landlords
- Complete Tenant inspections
- Review arrears report on a daily basis
- Action any arrears by communicating with tenant.
- Handle tenant enquiries
- Create property advertising
- Take photos or organise photography of Landlords property
- Manage marketing and update or make changes as required
- Drive to selected properties to complete routine inspections
- Complete Entry condition reports for properties with new tenants entering
- Disburse funds to Landlords
- Pay Landlord bills from rent received
- Install For Rent signs on properties available for rent
- Complete reference checks of tenants
- Sort through Tenant applications, contact references and employers.
- Create new leases for tenants
- Collect Bond money and lodge at appropriate tenancy board
- Ensure expiring leases are renewed
- Prepare thorough documentation to represent owner in any court matters
- Attend training as required by legislation
- Attend internal office meetings
- Arrange and organise tradespeople to attend property matters
- Negotiate with tradespeople and oversee work quality
- Collect rent and organise banking
- Create invoices and follow up payment if required
- Enter details of conversations and communications to ensure supporting evidence is always accessible if required
- Review rental for any increases necessary to keep up with the market
- Complete final bond inspections
- Show tenants through property
- Conduct open homes
- Respond to enormous amount of phone calls and emails
- Provide sales team with rental opinions of properties
- Handle social media activity
- Complete End of Month through our software ensuring all monies are accounted for in line with legislative compliance.
This list is only what a Property Manager does on a typical day. There are other tasks which are completed on a less regular basis.