In most cases of a small to medium sized Real Estate Agency the rent roll holds up to 95% of the value of the business. Therefore ensuring your Rent Roll portfolio is in prime condition to sell has major benefits.
To ensure a premium price in your market follow these tips.
- Low management fees reduce serious buyers. Ensure your management fees are in line with your market place and not competing as the lowest.
- Ensure rents are at full market rates
- If your portfolio includes managements from outside your local core area look to have enough that they may be able to be bundled up and sold separately.
- Review the files and check they are in excellent order and have the appropriate information required. Ensure all appointments are valid and have been correctly signed by the Owners.
- Ensure the office has keys available for every management.
- Complete all inspections and ensure they are up to date
- Extra fees for Property Management are not included in the multiplier but they are an important facet of the sale. Maximise the income and ensure you negotiate to include extra fees as part of the income.
If you have any further questions contact us anytime